Help / FAQs
You can signup for two types of accounts that we offer:
1. “Smart” (free) account where you can store up to ten online accounts in the password manager and up to 10GB of your personal documents and files in the cloud.
2. “Genius” (premium) account where you can store unlimited online accounts in the password manager and up to 100GB of your personal documents and files in the cloud for just $3.99/month (annual subscription) and $4.99/month (month-to-month). You can also upgrade your storage at $1.99 for every additional 100GB anytime.
With iKeyVault you can store credentials to your online accounts (usernames & passwords) and important documents and files under one roof. Your account is also protected by a virtually unhackable dynamic passcode that you define as opposed to a static or convoluted system-generated master password. Furthermore, your login credentials and important documents & files are stored on the cloud securely and does not require syncing between devices. Therefore, you can access your vault from anywhere easily, without a mobile phone to receive onetime codes.
All you need is your name, an email account (which also serves as your login username), and your phone number. No credit card or other form of payment is required for the Smart Version of iKeyVault. You can upgrade to the premium Genius Version at $3.99 a month at anytime with a credit card.
You can also qualify for three-months free subscription to our Genius Version by sharing any of your accounts with a new user. Please click here for offer terms.
Setting Your Passcode
Select at least two variables – at least one must be dynamic but the other can be a constant of your choice. Use a computation factor or formula to arrive at your resulting code. It’s that simple! Genius users can always add an optional third variable for extra security. To watch a video on how to set up your account, click here.
At present, we offer the following six variables:
- Date: Your system date in a two-digit format (DD).
- Time: Your system time in a 24-hour format (HHMM).
- Weather: The current temperature for your location in a two-digit format (FF)
- Stock: The previous day closing value of the the stock symbol you picked ($$$¢¢).
- Twitter: The first word of the first tweet (ignoring pinned tweets).
- RSS Newsfeed: The first word of BBC newsfeed.
- Constant: User-defined alphanumeric variable.
We will be offering additional variables in every new/updated release or iKeyVault.
If both your variables are numerical, you will be able to add, subtract, multiply, or divide the two numbers to create your passcode. If one or both your variables are alpha-numerical, such as the first word of a twitter feed, you will have to append the two variables with Variable 1 first, followed by Variable 2. Note: Ignore any decimal points and use the entire variable as one number.
We recommend you pick variables that are “near & dear” to you – variables that your are familiar with, or one variable and one secret word of your choice. For Genius users we provide an option to add a third variable in your passcode for extra security.
Here are some good examples of passcodes:
- Date (DD) + Time (HHMM) If the date is June 25, 2020 and the time is 1:30 pm, then your passcode will be 25+1330 = 1355.
- Stock ($$$¢¢) * Weather (FF) If the stock value for the company you choose closed the previous day at $36.25 and the temperature is 100°F, then your passcode will be 3625*100 = 362500
- Date (DD) A RSS Newsfeed (first word) A Constant If the date is June 25, 2020, the first word on the BBC newsfeed is “Climate,” and the constant you choose is “Hello,” then your passcode will be 25ClimateHello.
Inside the Vault
iKeyVault Cloud is the most secure cloud storage in the industry where you can store your important documents and files secured by cutting edge encryption technology. You can store up to 10GB of data in the Smart (free) account and up to 100GB of data in the Genius (premium) account. You can also increase your storage capacity anytime.
iKeyVault Password Manager
Under Managed Sites, click on the Add New button in the upper right-hand corner. A box will popup asking you for:
Title: Set this to the name you want to appear on the iKeyVault website for the added site. If you don’t set it, it will automatically pull a title from the URL.
URL: Enter the login URL for the website. (We recommend you copy and paste the URL from the login page.)
Username: Enter the username you use for that specific website.
Password: Enter the password you use for that specific website. You can click on the eye icon to view the password.
Tags: Set tags for the site. You can search for sites using tags in the search box at the top of the page.
Notes: Enter any notes that you may want to refer to later. For example, clues to the answers to security questions.
Once you add a website, under the Actions column, you can share, edit, delete, or pin the website. You must also download the iKeyVault browser extension (plugin), in order to click through and automatically log into your stored accounts.
Once you add a website, click on the share icon under Actions. A box will popup asking you for:
Email: Enter the email address you wish to share the account with. The recipient will get a notification that you have shared an account with him/her and will have to log into iKeyVault to access this account.
Shared Until: Enter the date until which you wish to share the account. You can leave this blank to share for an unlimited duration.
Share From: Enter the date from which you wish to share the account.
When you share a specific website in your ID Vault with someone, you are giving them full access to that website. You should therefore only share access to websites with people you trust. However, your trusted parties will have access only to the content you share with them, not all the information in your vault, and cannot share your access any further.
You don’t need the plugin, to store your online accounts and important documents & files in the iKeyVault Cloud storage. However, you must download and install the iKeyVault browser extension (Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge) to automatically log into the websites you’ve stored in your password manager.
You can download the plugins by clicking on Firefox, Chrome, Safari or Edge link under “Downloads” on our homepage, https://www.ikeyvault.com/
Some websites prevent auto-login to prevent robots, require a CAPTCHA verification, or second factor (SMS) verification. For such websites, the iKeyVault plugin will insert the username and password automatically, but you must take the additional steps required to enter the site. Some other websites are not yet equipped for the iKeyVault technology.
No. All your stored websites, usernames, and passwords are encrypted and stored on the cloud. Nothing is downloaded to a local machine or your device. So you do not have to sync devices when you update any account password.